A special meeting of the village
council was called on January31, 1921, to act on the purchasing
of material for building an electrical line from Frazee to the
village of Vergas. This line was to be built according to the
specifications of the Otter Tail Power Company as per blueprint of
the specifications on file with the village and according to the
terms of the contract.
On February 1, 1921, at 10 a.m.
President Phillip Eichmiller called a meeting to order. On
motion of A.R. Ebersviller and a second by E.L. Brooks the bids were
accepted for building a highline between Frazee and Vergas. The
distribution area was to be in and about the village of Vergas.
In November 1921 electric power was distributed in Vergas for
the first time. The line was maintained by the village until 1931
when it was sold to the Otter Tail Power Company.
A Mr. A.H. Fuller is credited with
initially wiring the majority of the houses and businesses in Vergas.
Return to Memories